TV host and author bakes up some of her favorite dishes!
SHINGLED STRAWBERRY-PINEAPPLE COBBLER
Makes 6 servings
Bake for 35 minutes
Nonstick vegetable cooking spray, Pam®
1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
1 can (20-ounce) pineapple chunks in juice, drained, Dole®
½ cup strawberry jelly, Smucker's®
3 tablespoons lemonade concentrate, thawed
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 refrigerated rolled piecrust (½ of a 15-ounce package)
2 teaspoons packed brown sugar, C&H®
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine strawberries, pineapple, and strawberry jelly. In a small bowl, stir together lemonade concentrate and flour. Pour flour mixture over fruit mixture and stir until combined. Spoon into prepared casserole and set aside.
3. Unroll piecrust onto a lightly floured surface. Cut in half and set one half aside. Cut remaining half lengthwise into 3 strips. Cut strips into 1 ½-inch squares; set aside. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over top of the remaining half of the piecrust; use your fingers to rub into surface of dough. Cut into strips and 1 ½-inch squares as before. Shingle dough squares over fruit in an alternating diamond pattern.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until bubbling and piecrust squares are golden. Serve warm.
SOUR CREAM CAKE
Makes 9 servings
Bake for 40 minutes
Nonstick spray for baking, Pam®
1 cup sugar
5 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup sour cream
Cocoa powder (optional)
Fresh raspberries (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Spray an 8-inch square cake pan with spray for baking and set aside. In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed about 3 minutes or until thick and lighter in color.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream to egg mixture, stirring until smooth. Do not overmix. Pour into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost with vanilla frosting, sprinkle with cocoa powder, and garnish with fresh raspberries (optional).
BANANA SPLIT CUPCAKES
Makes 24 cupcakes