Zimmerman Trial - Live Coverage
Stay tuned to Fox News for full coverage of the Zimmerman trial.
- George Zimmerman's lead defense attorney told jurors during closing arguments that the Florida neighborhood watch volunteer was “not guilty of anything but protecting his own life” during the 2012 confrontation that ended in the death of Trayvon Martin.
- Mark O'Mara buttressed Zimmerman's version of the Feb. 26, 2012 confrontation with a computer animation that the judge ruled could only be used in his summation.
- Jurors can vote to acquit, or convict the 29-year-old neighborhood watch volunteer of either second-degree murder or manslaughter.
- On Thursday, prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda said Zimmerman's "incorrect assumptions" about Trayvon Martin being "up to no good" ended the life of the teen even though he'd done nothing wrong.
- Earlier, the judge ruled jurors could consider convicting Zimmerman of manslaughter if they didn't find him guilty of second-degree murder.
Latest Zimmerman Trial Coverage
Defense begins closing arguments in George Zimmerman trial
Defense attorney Mark O'Mara tells the jury not "fill in the gaps" or "connect the dots" while considering a verdict in the case involving the death of Trayvon Martin.
Prosecution gives closing arguments in Zimmerman trial
Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda painted George Zimmerman as an angry vigilante who "tracked" Trayvon Martin and provoked the confrontation that claimed the teenager's life in a scorching summation.
OPINION: Trayvon Martin's testimony wouldn't have changed anything
The truth is, we know a lot about what happened on that fateful night. Trayvon Martin's testimony, could he have spoken, wouldn't have changed anything.
Greta: Judge was out of line questioning Zimmerman about testimony
Fiery exchange between Judge Debra Nelson and defense team as she asked George Zimmerman whether he wanted to testify.
Did Justice Department support anti-Zimmerman protests?
Conservative watchdog group accused DOJ of helping manage the "pressure campaign" last year against Zimmerman in the wake of the Trayvon Martin shooting, citing documents that show an obscure agenc...
Mannequin becomes key witness in Zimmerman trial
George Zimmerman's lawyer literally flipped a prosecution witness -- a gray, foam dummy -- to re-enact the defense's version of the confrontation that ended in the death of Trayvon Martin.
Zimmerman's lead attorney also getting time in national spotlight
As millions nationwide remain transfixed on the trial of George Zimmerman, the man next to him — lead defense attorney Mark O’Mara — is also getting his day in the spotlight.
Florida law enforcement officials mull 'response plan' ahead of Zimmerman verdict
Law enforcement officials in Florida have begun coordinating a “response plan” in anticipation of a verdict in the murder trial of George Zimmerman.
Forensic expert: Gunshot wound indicates Martin was on top of Zimmerman
A forensic expert testified Tuesday that Trayvon Martin's gunshot wound indicated that he was likely on top of George Zimmerman when the neighborhood watch volunteer shot him.