Make Way for Fall Clothes: Wardobe Storage Solutions to DIY
The outside air is getting colder, and chances are good that you're packing up all your tank tops and now have sweaters on the brain.
READ: Declutter Your Closet: A 30-Second Tip
Our friends over at Apartment Therapy rounded up twenty-four smart storage strategies.
These DIY projects can help you make the seamless switch between seasons, especially in small spaces.
1. From DIY book "OK" comes this sculptural copper and wood creation that's pretty with or without clothes on it. From Weekday Carnival.
2. A popular technique is using plumbing fixtures to build a sturdy rack, like this rolling one from Smitten Studio.
3. A wire basket, like this one from Instructables, is a nice touch.
4. A sleeker version of the plumbing pipe project, from Love Aesthetics.
5. Suspend a simple bar from the ceiling and you have instant extra storage. From Love Aesthetics.
6. If you have the space for an extra bar or two, Solrum's version is simple and pretty.
7. Ana White shares plans to adapt current closet space for a kid.
8. We've featured Martha Stewart's closet pegboard before, but it's worth sharing again.
9. Instructables shares a sliding pants rack you can customize for your closet.
10. Design Build Love came up with a complete solution for under $50.
11. Bob Vila shows you how to repurpose old drawers as sweater storage under the bed.