Fitness + Well-being

11-year-old traumatized after shampoo leaves her hair 'fused'

 (iStock)

A young girl was left in agony after a shampoo left her scalp burning and her hair “fused” together.

Elisha Dixon, 11, was prescribed Dermal’s Capasal Therapeutic Shampoo by doctors at Low Moor Medical Practice in Bradford, West Yorks, in England, last month.

But as soon as Elisha put the shampoo on her head, she felt a burning sensation and called her mom for help.

IN NEW BEAUTY TREND, PEOPLE ARE TATTOOING FRECKLES ON THEIR FACES

Mom Sarah and the schoolgirl tried to wash off the shampoo —and were shocked to find Elisha’s hair had fused together.

Furious dad Anthony, 51, has slammed both the company and the doctors who prescribed the shampoo.

He said: “Her hair completely fused together. I have never seen anything like it.

“We called Dermal to be told they are out of hours and I called the doctor to ask what we should do and he literally told me to Google it.”

ARE YOU SHAMPOOING WRONG?

Elisha was rushed to the doctors, who were unable to see the extent of the damage due to the amount of matted hair.

The youngster was then forced to find a hairdresser who could help rectify the masses of matted hair.

After several refused to help, an experienced hairdresser came to her aid — saying it was in the worst condition she had seen throughout her career.

The hairdresser spent seven hours trying to salvage the do – but was eventually forced to chop off Elisha’s 21-inch locks to just three inches.

Click for more from The Sun.

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS