Party games are a great way to bring people together, break the ice or just provide old friends with new tricks.
From easy, no-frills fun to entertaining electronics, here’s a roundup of some of our favorite party games to help you keep your soirees lively and spirited this holiday season.
1. White Elephant Gift ExchangeThis game makes for great holiday parties - but watch out, because things can get ugly when Marla from Marketing and Bill the mail-guy have it out over that Sex and the City 2 DVD. via Wikipedia
2. Holiday Sticker StalkerA great game to keep everyone on their toes, but not for the paranoid party-goer. Everyone at the party has 10 holiday stickers and must get rid of the whole sheet by sticking them to the other guests without them noticing. If someone catches you, they can stick one of his/her stickers on you. First one to empty their sticker sheet wins! via Party 411
3. Camera Hot PotatoA fun and quick around-the-table game that provides you with some hilarious pictures your friends will be begging you not to tag. via Party Plan
4. “Smile Shutter” Mode on the Sony Cyber-shot Camera A great tool for a party host, this particular digital camera function will automatically capture an image only when it detects the subject smiling. You can even prioritize adult or child faces and set the level of smile to ensure a picture will only be taken upon the toothiest of grins. The album you are left with at the end of the night of party guests smiling ear-to-ear is endlessly amusing. Available at sonystyle.com
5. CrackerThis is one of those good, unsuspecting games you can play throughout the night, and great way of interrupting Uncle Willy’s endless yammering. via Party Plan
6. Scene It?An interactive head-to-head battle in which players answer trivia questions about films or pop culture. You can even design your virtual-self to look just like you! Available for the iPhone, iPad, Xbox, Playstation and Wii. Find out more at www.sceneit.com
7. Electronic Catchphrase An instant-classic and a riotous good time - especially if incorporated into a drinking game. Luckily Electronic Catchphrase is outfitted with rubber bumpers, because we’ve definitely seen a few whiz by our heads when rounds take a turn for the worse. Available at Target.com
8. Who am I?Pick one name for each person playing and stick that name on each persons back or forehead. Each person gets 20 "yes or no" questions to find out who they are. This game is really funny as each person starts recounting what they know about themselves before asking their next question. via eHow.com
9. Honey I Love YouThis one is totally silly, but any game that tries to crack people up is fun in our book. Also, the sentence “Honey I love you, won’t you give me a smile,” when spoken to somebody you may have just met is exactly the kind of creepy, diabolical ice-breaker that usually brings people together. via University of Illinois
10. MafiaIf you have enough people and the time to play, this one will quickly become a cult favorite amongst your friends - especially if you have a charismatic and animated moderator to keep things original and move things along. Read the full directions on wikihow.com