When it comes to covering dark under eye circles, most of us apply concealer, down a few cups of coffee and hope for the best.
But if your current makeup routine isn't cutting it, there are other solutions.
Makeup artist Lauren Cosenza shows us how to correct dark circles for a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed glow in five easy steps.
Check out the video above or read on to learn how:
- Step 1: Dot reflective concealer with illuminating properties along the deepest part of the circles and blend outwards. "It will create the illusion of that area coming forward," says Cosenza.Try: YSL Touche Éclat Radiant Touch, $40
- Step 2: If you have darkness or discoloration under your eyes, Cosenza says you want to use a concealer with more pigment for more coverage. "You want to to match the concealer to the skin, or go slightly lighter." Apply with a brush to the skin right below the lower lash line. She also suggests choosing a brand with vitamins and collagen, that will prevent the pigments from settling into fine lines and wrinkles, which can make you look older.Try: It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye, $24
- Step 3: To further awaken your eyes, line the waterline with a neutral, flesh-toned, or white eyeliner.Try: Stila Kajal Eye Liner, $18
- Step 4: Apply a highlighter to the inner corner of your eye. Cosenza says you can use products you already own. "Anything that is light and has shimmer to it," she says. A liquid or cream is going to give you a wet effect, but a powder will have more longevity.Try: Benefit Watt's Up!, $30
- Step 5: Apply mascara to your eyelashes and fan it out in all directions, pushing the lashes out as you coat them. "That fan-effect will give the illusion of being rested."Try: Lancôme Hypnôse Drama Instant Full Body Volume Mascara, $28