•Can Roll pizza dough
•1 pound chorizo, casings removed
•1 small red onion, finely chopped (3/4 to 1 cup)
•2 cups shredded cheese (Mexican blend)
•Queso Fresco (optional)
•½ avocado, diced
1. Roll out dough thinly and bake in a 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
2. While baking, in a large skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat until brown and crispy.
3. Remove and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
4. Once dough is ready, layer first with red onions, then cheese and chorizo.
5. Return to over for another 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
6. The finish off with by crumbling queso fresco over chorizo, adding diced avocado and squeezing lime juice over the pizza.
Elizabeth Carrion, a Dominican, co-founded Mi Cocina, a New Jersey-based catering service that also offers cooking classes, with her sister, Ana Martinez. Follow her on Twitter: @micocinalatina and visit her website micocina-latina.com.