Here is a refreshing recipe to enjoy this memorial day.
• ½ cup red raspberries, frozen
• ½ teaspoon sugar
• 1 cup pineapple juice + 2 tablespoons
• ⅔ cup condensed milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a blender, combine raspberries, sugar and 2 tablespoons pineapple juice until smooth (small chunks of raspberries are ok).
2. Evenly divide blended raspberries in mold and freeze for 30 minutes or until just set.
3. In a blender, combine condensed milk, pineapple juice and vanilla extract.
4. Remove frothy bubbles and fill each mold.
5. Freeze until solid (approximately 3 hours).
6. Serve with a side of raspberries.
Makes 6 – 4 ounce ice pops
Elizabeth Carrion, a Dominican, co-founded Mi Cocina, a New Jersey-based catering service that also offers cooking classes, with her sister, Ana Martinez. Follow her on Twitter: @micocinalatina and visit her website micocina-latina.com.