•1 ½ pounds salmon, cut into 2-inch cubes
•¼ cup ketchup
•¼ cup honey
•2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
•2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
•1 lime, juiced
•Salt and pepper to taste
•1 red onion, cut into big chunks
•1 red bell pepper, cut into big sections
•6-8 cherry tomatoes
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except salmon and vegetables.
2. Add salmon and toss until completed coated.
3. Marinate in the refrigerator for one to two hours.
4. Preheat grill.
5. Add vegetables to marinated salmon and mix gently.
6. Arrange salmon and vegetables on skewers and grill over medium to low heat for approximately 5-6 minutes on each side.
7. Serve over grilled asparagus or a bed of greens.
Elizabeth Carrion, a Dominican, co-founded Mi Cocina, a New Jersey-based catering service that also offers cooking classes, with her sister, Ana Martinez. Follow her on Twitter: @micocinalatina and visit her website micocina-latina.com.