Is a pesky clog slowing down your drain or gunking up your garbage disposal? Follow these simple steps from Julie Edelman and learn how to clean out those kitchen nuisances with some help from a few household baking goods — no harsh chemicals or expensive plumbers required!
1. Pour 1 cup of baking soda into the clogged drain.
2. Follow with 1 cup of white vinegar.
3. Allow mixture to bubble, froth, and then subside.
4. Pour in a kettle of boiling water until the drain flows smoothly.
5. Finish by running a few eggshells (or ice cubes) through the garbage disposal to clean any greasy blades.