Published August 25, 2011
This brunch menu of spinach and Swiss quiche, cinnamon roll bites and fruit skewers is a delicious way to end your week and easy enough to throw together so that you’ll still have time to kick back, relax and enjoy your weekend!
Spinach and Swiss Quiche
1 refrigerated pie crust
5 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 of a 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (1/2 cup)
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper.
3. Spread the spinach into the bottom of the prepared pie crust.
4. Pour egg mixture evenly over spinach, then sprinkle with the cheese.
5. Transfer quiche to preheated oven and bake 15 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F and continue to bake 20 minutes, until crust is browned (cover with foil if browning too quickly).
7. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Cinnamon Roll Bites
1 can refrigerated biscuits, 8 count
5 tablespoons softened butter
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
5 to 6 tablespoons milk
1. Place powdered sugar and milk into a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. Set aside until cinnamon rolls are cooked.
Cinnamon Roll Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Unroll biscuits and press thinly out with fingers or rolling pin. Spread each biscuit with 1 teaspoon of butter then top evenly with brown sugar and cinnamon.
3. Roll up biscuit with seam side down on cutting board.
4. Use a sharp knife and cut 1/2 inch slices and place onto prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 17 minutes, until light brown and cooked through.
6. Remove from oven and drizzle lightly with prepared icing.
3 cups of assorted, cut-up fruit, like bananas, melon, strawberries and blueberries
½ of a sliced cantaloupe- if you wish to use to display the skewers in
1. Skewer cut fruit, alternating each kind.
2. Arrange nicely on a platter.
Kris Schoels is the editor of Young Married Chic -- a blog devoted to baking, fashion, home decor and travel.