• ½ cup onions, finely chopped
• 1-2 garlic cloves, fine chopped
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 12 ounce jar artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
• 9 ounces frozen chopped spinach, drained
• 8 ounces light cream cheese
• 8 ounces light sour cream
• ¼ cup parmesan cheese
• ½ cup pureed pumpkin
• ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a sauce pan with olive oil, sauté onions and garlic for about 5 minutes.
Then add artichoke and spinach and continue to sauté for 2 additional minutes.
Add sour cream, cream cheese and parmesan cheese and mix until well-combined.
Then add cayenne pepper and salt. Mix again.
Finally, mix in pumpkin puree.
Transfer to an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Serve warm with pita chips or make your own Halloween shaped tortilla chips.
Skip the sugary sweets this Halloween and opt for a mouthwatering dip that the whole family can enjoy together. Makes about two cups.