Brazilian Wandering Spiders
It was named the world’s most venomous spider by the Guinness World Records in 2010. Its venom can incapacitate a person’s muscle control and cause severe pain, breathing problems and even death. According to the Seattle-based Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture, there have been 7,000 documented cases of human bites, and about 10 deaths.
Called the most poisonous animal on earth, these brightly colored, yet tiny frogs have enough venom to kill 10 to 20 adults or 10,000 mice. These frogs, no bigger than two inches, are mostly found in Colombia. For centuries, Colombians have used its venom to tip their blowgun darts when hunting, according to the National Geographic.
It's the world's second most poisonous animal. Its skin and and some organs, like its liver, are poisonous and can cause a quick and violent death. The poison can cause dizziness, vomiting muscle paralysis and breathing problems. Yet the fish is a delicacy in Japan, where it leads to roughly six deaths a year. Only licensed chefs are allowed to cook it, according to villageofjoy.com.
This fish has caused at least 5,567 recorded deaths since 1954, according to villageofjoy.com, and their venom is one of the deadliest in the world. A sting will attack the heart, nervous system, and skin cells and is so painful, the person can go into shock and drown. A sting must be treated immediately, but pain continues weeks after contact. They are found in Asia and Australia.
Contains the most toxic venom of any snake in the world. It became famous in 1950 when a researcher that captured it for antivenom research was fatally bitten. But this highly poisonous snake, usually found in Australia, kills only a handful of people a year.
The world’s longest venomous snake, which grows to over 18 feet, can kill with one rattling bite. It can kill an elephant in three hours, according to villageofjoy.com. Usually found in South and Southeast Asia, it is fast despite its size and highly aggressive. A bite attacks the person's central nervous system, and induces severe pain, blurred vision, vertigo, drowsiness, and paralysis. The person can fall into a coma and die soon afterward.
A sting or a bite from one of these creatures may kill you.