Horrifying photo of toddler's leg breaking while on slide with mom

This is the horror moment a toddler's leg snapped while his mom took him down a slide on her lap.

Shona Keetley, 26, was on a family day out with partner James, 31, and their 18-month-old son George at Rand Farm Park, Lincolnshire.

Squeezing in one last ride before heading home, Keetley decided to take George down the indoor slide while James filmed.

Holding hands the pair set off down the slide before the tot manages to traps his foot under Keetley's leg.

In a gruesome video, a loud snap can be heard as George's leg snaps when it is bent under his mom.


Keetley, from Cleethorpes, East Lincolnshire, shared the video via website Channel Mum in a bid to raise awareness of the dangers of accompanying children on slides.

“We had spent the whole day there and were about to set off home but George started screaming because he wanted to go on the slide," Keetley said. “I told James I would quickly take him down. He was only 18-months-old at the time and I didn’t feel comfortable with him going down by himself."


She said she felt like the "worst mom" once she realized what happened but wants others to learn from their tragedy.  (SWNS)

“I hadn’t even taken my shoes off because it was only meant to be a quick one," she said. “Without thinking anything of it I put George between my legs and we went down together. I didn’t even hear his leg snapping until I watched it back on the video."

“I just thought he got was shocked at getting it caught," she said. “He started crying initially but stopped after a few minutes so I just thought he got his leg caught and nothing else."

“He seemed perfectly fine as he was sitting in the pushchair pointing out things he wanted in the gift shop,” she said. “We drove home and everything seemed fine. It was only when I put him on the sofa that I realised something was seriously wrong."

“He went to climb off but just collapsed and started crying," Keetley said. “He couldn’t stand up so we decided to rush him to the hospital to see what was wrong. I still just thought it was a pulled muscle or a twisted ankle at this point.”


After rushing George to A&E at Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital, Grimsby, X-Ray scans showed the tot had broken his leg.

“I felt like the worst mom in the world," she said. “The doctor said this is a really common injury with toddlers. Because he was still young and had flexible bones he was only in a cast for two weeks."

“I just don’t think people know about the risks," she said. “George was my first child and I hadn’t been told by anyone about the danger.”

Keetley – who is now pregnant with her second son – wants to warn others of the risks posed by indoor play areas.

“There should be clear signs warning parents not to go down the slides with their parents," she said. “Saying that there should be a minimum age for kids to go on them. I would just urge parents to watch this video and learn from my mistake.”