Mom shares last photos of son who died after taking ecstasy

A grieving mom has released shocking photos of the final hours of her son who died after taking MDMA, also known as ecstasy.

Reece Murphy, 16, died in a hospital on July 2 after suffering a “bad reaction” to the Class A party drug.

His mother, Sarah Lush, described the teenager as “kind, funny and caring” and released the images of her son receiving medical treatment.

She has released the pictures in a bid to deter other youngsters from experimenting with drugs.

BRITISH TV STAR SAYS IBS HAS CAUSED PAINFUL BLOATING, CRUEL TORMENT

Police said that Murphy and a 30-year-old man, who was also hospitalized, are believed to have taken MDMA.

Lush said her son had probably done drugs before, but was found seriously ill on July 1 at a house in Taunton, Somerset.

“My heart is empty, I want to wake up and it’s all a dream," she said. "I can’t imagine my life without him in it. I’m never going to hear his voice or laugh again. It’s all surreal at the moment and I’m not ready to accept it.”

Murphy lived with his mom in Dorchester, Dorset, and was planning to start a college course in demolition.

Sarah Lush's son Reece Murphy who died after taking MDMA.  See SWNS story SWMDMA; A mum has released shocking photos of the final hours of her son who died after taking MDMA. Reece Murphy, 16, died in hospital on July 2 after suffering a “bad reaction” to the Class A party drug. His mother, Sarah Lush, described the teenager as “kind, funny and caring” and released the images of her son receiving medical treatment. She has released the pictures in a bid to deter other youngsters from experimenting.

Authorities are investigating after a 30-year-old man, believed to have taken the same drug as Murphy, was also hospitalized.  (SWNS)

He was treated at Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton, Somerset, and his mother praised staff who “fought for him” until his death.

“A majority of you may think drugs are all good and fun and games but at the end of the day they’re not, because it can end someone's life, just like poor Reece’s," Lush said. “Reece had done it a few times before and was OK, so he thought he was safe, but you just don’t know. Please don’t take drugs, they ruin lives and families.”

“He took a tablet with his friends. There was something in it that had a bad reaction - his body didn’t like it," she said. “It shut down his organs, one by one. He had two nurses working on him 24 hours a day. They never left his side or stopped fighting for him for a second."

“In spite of that, Reece just kept getting worse and in the end there was nothing more they could do," she said. “It would have been cruel to him because all the medication he was on it started to take its toll on his body.”

JAHI MCMATH'S MOTHER SAYS SHE HAS 'NO REGRETS' FOR KEEPING DAUGHTER ON VENTILATOR FOR YEARS

A fundraising page has been started to pay for Reece’s funeral.

"He was the most funny, kind, caring kid and was loved by so so many," Lush said. “He was a handsome boy with his whole life ahead of him and he had so many memories to make."

“The messages and the support I have had and the amount of people that want to help and do something good for Reece has been so overwhelming,” she said. 

A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said they are investigating.

"We’re investigating an incident in Taunton in which one person died and another was taken to hospital after consuming a substance, believed to be MDMA," the spokesman said. "A 16-year-old boy located by paramedics in Wheatley Crescent in the early hours of Saturday (June 30) was taken to hospital but sadly died two days later. A 30-year-old man was also admitted to hospital over the weekend after being taken ill after consuming a substance – also believed to be MDMA."

"We’re carrying out enquiries in the local area focusing on when, where and how the victims obtained the drugs," the spokesperson said.