Sign in to comment!

Menu
Home

Sexual Health

Sex toy accident proves fatal for British man

A man died after a sex toy became stuck in his rectum and he was too embarrassed to see a doctor, the Daily Mirror reported.

Nigel Willis, 50, spent five days lying on the couch of the home he shared with his elderly mother in London after he realized he could not remove the vibrator himself, according the report.  When a friend finally begged Willis to seek help, he was already experiencing symptoms of septic shock.

"The history was that his friend or carer called an ambulance because he complained of dizziness, weakness and was unable to move from the sofa for five days," said Dr. Adebowale Adesina.

Willis, a diabetic, was rushed to Lewisham Hospital in December 2013 and admitted into the intensive care unit on New Year’s Eve. Doctors performed emergency surgery to remove the sex toy, which had perforated his bowel, according to an inquest by the Southwark Coronors’ Court.

Willis’ condition continued to deteriorate in the weeks that followed his emergency surgery. He died in early February.

"The main cause of death clearly is just the abdomen injury - the injury to the bowel," Sarah Ormand-Walshe, assistant coroner to inner-south London, told the court.

Click here for more from the Daily Mirror.