Pinterest isn’t just for fashion and style inspiration—it can be a weight loss resource, too.
In my new book, The Pinterest Diet: How to Pin Your Way Thin, I suggest creating boards on Pinterest to fill with images and information that match your goals. Create your own versions of these five “Life Transformation Boards” below. Here, I've listed what I include on my boards. Repin your favorites! I’ll help you by being your chief nutrition and fitness curator.
1. The MSF (Most Satisfying Foods) Factor Foods Board: This board includes foods that have one or more of the following: protein, fiber and healthy fats. These foods help you to stay satisfied, which is key when you are trying to lose weight. Some of the foods that made my top 50 MSF Factor list include cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, strawberries, pork tenderloin, sardines, salmon, eggs, chicken breast, watermelon, oats, and avocados.
2. Workout Plans Board: Besides including workout plans, exercise how-tos and playlists, this board is my catch-all for clean recipes, daily inspiration and my favorite products.
3. Daily Inspiration Board: I love trying to challenge myself to constantly do better in many different ways. Looking at my Daily Inspiration Board each morning puts me in a mindset of gratitude and positivity. It’s my daily dose of “mental nutrition.”
4. In-The-Know Board: This board includes all things healthy. For example, you might see a fantastic article online about sleep–pin it to this board. One of my most popular pins on this board shows exactly why different parts of your body need water to function optimally. You can pin your favorite health-related news articles and blogs, nutrition charts, cooking tips and health-related infographics.
5. Favorite Products Board: Use this board to pin your food and fitness gadgets. Plus, it’s a great place to pin healthy gift idea. It’s really fun when people buy products I suggest!
Mitzi Dulan, RD, is the team nutritionist for the Kansas City Royals and author of The Pinterest Diet: How to Pin Your Way Thin. She has over 3.7 million Pinterest followers.