Menu
Home

Head Injury

Man 'unaware' of nail lodged in skull after home improvement accident

nail_in_skull.jpg

Sky News

A man who had a 8 centimeter-long nail embedded in his skull after a home improvement accident had no idea until doctors carried out a CT scan.

The 55-year-old Chinese man, named by local media as Mr Yang, was using a cutting machine when the accident happened.

"The nail that got stuck in the cutting machine flew out when I turned on the machine. It ripped into my head and left a small hole on the skin," Mr Yang told the Sky News.

Not realizing the nail had embedded Mr Yang went on with his day. But after he got sick he went to doctors who discovered the nail had penetrated his eye socket.

Click for more from news.com.au