Menu

Children's Health

3-year-old girl dies after dental procedure

A young Hawaiian girl is dead after suffering massive brain damage after undergoing a dental procedure last month.

Three-year old Finley Boyle died Friday night after falling into a coma nearly a month earlier.

Her mother, Ashley Boyle, has since filed a lawsuit against Island Dentistry, alleging negligence and dangerous conduct in sedating the child.

The plaintiffs say the child was given high doses of Demerol, hydroxyzine and chloral hydrate, as well as nitrous oxide.

According to the lawsuit, on December 3, Boyle took Finley to Island Dentistry to get four root canals done.

A technician gave Finley five different drugs and she then went into cardiac arrest, her mother says nobody was even there to administer CPR.

Click for more from My Fox Philadelphia