Sign in to comment!

Menu
Home

Stop Smoking

3-year-old burned by exploding e-cigarette

whiteRhino.png

A sample of White Rhino e-cigarettes.(http://www.whiterhinoproducts.com)

A Utah mother claims that one of her e-cigarettes exploded in her car, giving her 3-year-old son first and second degree burns, Fox 8 reported.

Kinzie Barlow, of Mount Pleasant, Utah, said she had a White Rhino e-cigarette plugged into her car’s charger.  She claims the device exploded while she was driving, sending a hot copper coil flying across the car.

The coil landed in son Khonor’s car seat, causing it to light on fire, according to Barlow.

“He was screaming and saying, ‘Mom, get me! Get me,’” Barlow told Fox 8.

Barlow was eventually able to extinguish the fire but not before her son suffered burns.

Fire Marshall Lynn Schofield, of Provo, Utah, confirmed Barlow’s report and said it’s not the first time he’s seen a fire caused by an e-cigarette.

“This is the second time it’s happened in Provo,” Schofield told Fox 8. “This is the first time we’ve had an injury.”

Khonor is recovering well from his injuries, and Barlow said now that she knows the potential dangers associated with e-cigarettes, she’ll never buy them again.

Click for more from Fox 8.