Using a variety of seasonings to compliment each veggie is a great way accentuate their flavors.
In this recipe, we included several types of veggies in addition to the potato. Using a variety of seasonings to compliment each veggie is a great way accentuate their flavors. It’s like a party in your mouth with every bite.
• 1 russet potato, thinly sliced
• 1 sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1 sweet yam, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1 green squash, thinly sliced
• 1 Italian eggplant, thinly sliced
• 1 Chinese eggplant, thinly sliced
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Kosher salt
• Ground cinnamon
• Ground paprika
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel and slice each and place on separate baking sheet as each item may have varying baking times.
2. Brush with oil and season with salt. For the yams, add cinnamon and paprika.
3. Bake for about 10 minutes or until it begins to brown (checking after 8 minutes).
4. Transfer to a plate.
5. Serve with or without your favorite dip. We used a cool sour cream and salsa dip.
Elizabeth Carrion, a Dominican, co-founded Mi Cocina, a New Jersey-based catering service that also offers cooking classes, with her sister, Ana Martinez. Follow her on Twitter: @micocinalatina and visit her website micocina-latina.com.