Enjoy our delicious, and healthy, guacamole recipe this Cinco de Mayo.
Here is the perfect Cinco de Mayo recipe Grid Iron Chipotle Guacamole, Enjoy!
Avocados are naturally free of sodium, trans fats and cholesterol, making them a great fruit to help meet heart-healthy eating recommendations. They also contribute good fats to one's diet and according to the American Heart Association. Good fats are those that can lower bad cholesterol levels and are beneficial when consumed in moderation. Bring on the heart healthy guacamole!
• 3 Haas avocados, cubed
• 1 lime, juiced
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, minced
• ½ to ⅓ cup red onion, diced
• 2 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
• 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
1. In a large bowl place the toss the avocado and lime juice until well combined.
2. Sprinkle salt and mash using a potato masher or back of fork leaving a few pieces whole.
3. Fold in onions, tomatoes, cilantro, chipotle and garlic.
4. Cover and set aside for about an 1 hour in order to distribute flavors. Then serve with tortilla, plantain or yuca chips.
Makes 2 cups.
Elizabeth Carrion, a Dominican, co-founded Mi Cocina, a New Jersey-based catering service that also offers cooking classes, with her sister, Ana Martinez. Follow her on Twitter: @micocinalatina and visit her website micocina-latina.com.