By using low-fat options, we’ve cut fat calories in half and still managed to produce a delicious dip.
- 1 package 8oz of lite cream cheese cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- ¼ - ½ cup hot sauce, depending on preference
- ⅛ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded (about 1 pound total)
- Blue cheese crumbles, optional
1. Place chicken breasts in a medium-size skillet and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce to medium heat. Cover and poach for about 10 minutes. Remove chicken. Place to cool. Then shred with fork.
2. Over low-medium heat, mix the first 5 ingredients until smooth.
3. Mix in cheddar cheese.
4. Add shredded chicken and mix until well combined and heated through.
5. Top with blue cheese crumbles and serve with celery sticks, veggie chips or even tostones!
Elizabeth Carrion, a Dominican, co-founded Mi Cocina, a New Jersey-based catering service that also offers cooking classes, with her sister, Ana Martinez.