Because bananas are high in potassium, they are a good for your heart, kidney and bones.
Mangoes are packed with vitamins minerals and anti-oxidants - so pairing these two is perfectly natural.
These fruits also keep you energized unlike many other quick “go to” sweet-snacks.
• 2 to 3 ripe bananas, smashed
• 1 mango, cut into chunks
⅓ cup melted butter
• ¾ cup sugar
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 ½ cups of self-rising flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Apply non-stick cooking spray onto a loaf pan.
2. Cut mango into 1 inch chunks.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas and mix in melted butter.
4. Then mix in sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
5. Sprinkle over with baking soda and mix in.
6. Add the flour and mix again.
7. Fold in mango chunks.
8. Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
9. Cool on rack. Slice to serve.
For a party, serve on skewers with sliced bananas and mangos. Anything on skewers means party time!
Note: Because this is a moist recipe, be sure to chill the cake in the freezer for an hour before placing on skewers but only after it has cooled completely on the rack.
Makes eight servings.
Elizabeth Carrion, a Dominican, co-founded Mi Cocina, a New Jersey-based catering service that also offers cooking classes, with her sister, Ana Martinez.