Sign in to comment!

Menu
Home

Dental Health

U.K. Woman Dies in Dentist's Chair After Allergic Reaction

An investigation is underway into the death of a British woman who collapsed in the dentist's chair after using mouthwash.

Sacha Rumaner, 30, from Brighton, in southern England, was having her teeth cleaned at the Morley Street Family Dental Clinic when she went into anaphylactic shock, The Brighton Argus newspaper reported.

Anaphylaxis is a severe and life-threatening type of allergic reaction, with symptoms developing rapidly — often within seconds or minutes. If the condition is not treated immediately, it can lead to unconsciousness or even death.

In this case, paramedics tried to resuscitate Rumaner, but it was too late, and she died before they could get her to the hospital. 

An autopsy was inconclusive, and the coroner's office refused to comment on her death before its investigation, which is due to take place June 15.

Click here to read more from The Brighton Argus,