Elementary School Students Hospitalized After Ingesting Cocaine

Published March 18, 2011

| NewsCore

Several students at a Washington D.C. elementary school had to be hospitalized Thursday after taking cocaine, The Washington Examiner reported.

One pupil at Thomson Elementary brought the drug to school and passed it round to a number of classmates, authorities said.

The group became ill around noon Thursday, telling their teacher they had swallowed or inhaled the powdery substance through the nose.

Four students were taken away in ambulances and a fifth was taken to the hospital by a parent. Their symptoms were not considered serious.

"It's tragic. It's cocaine," D.C. Council member Jack Evans said. "It's an illegal substance, nobody ought to be playing with it."

Authorities, who have not released the ages of those involved, said they were investigating.

The student who brought the drug to school was charged with possession of cocaine.

Click here to read more about this story from the Washington Examiner. 

 

URL

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/03/18/elementary-school-students-hospitalized-ingesting-cocaine/