I feel nauseous and dizzy (but no head pain) after orgasm. Any idea what's going on?
Dear Heidi, It would be best to consult with your physician on this matter to rule out any medical conditions. Nausea and dizziness post-climax can be due to:
- Pregnancy, especially in the first trimester;
- Vaso-vagal response (which is related to the vagus nerve);
- Inner ear crystal dislodgement, e.g., from throwing your head back during orgasm;
- Changes in the cardiovascular system, including straining and holding your breath during climax;
- Gynecological issues, like fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis;
- Psychological issues with sex, for example, seeing sex as nauseating
Dr. Yvonne KristAn Fulbright is a sex educator, relationship expert, columnist and founder of Sexuality Source Inc. She is the author of several books including, "Touch Me There! A Hands-On Guide to Your Orgasmic Hot Spots."