Boston's Children's Hospital bills itself as thehospital for children - and now it's also the hospital for children who want a sex change, a procedure some critics are calling "barbaric."Dr. Norman Spack, a pediatric specialist at the hospital, has launched a clinic for transgendered kids - boys who feel like girls, girls who want to be boys - and he's opening his doors to patients as young as 7.
Weekly news and features that matter the most to your well-beingThank you! Your subscription has been submitted.
Top Health Centers
Rhode Island child dies after contracting enterovirus D68, other infection
Official says 5 kids had contact with Ebola patient, being monitored
5-year-old boy's skin 'falls off' after allergic reaction to medication
Woman drowns in wine barrel after becoming intoxicated by fumes
CDC confirms first case of Ebola in US
- Surprise! Free Birth Control and Sex Education Slash Rates of Teen Pregnancy and Abortion
- Two New Classes of Antibiotics Discovered as Drug Resistance Spreads
- MS Patients Must Take Charge of Their Care to Avoid Medical Mishaps
- Oil Boom Helps Fuel Surge in HIV in North Dakota
- IUDs, Implants Are Doctors' First Choice to Prevent Teen Pregnancy