Boston's Children's Hospital bills itself as thehospital for children - and now it's also the hospital for children who want a sex change, a procedure some critics are calling "barbaric."Dr. Norman Spack, a pediatric specialist at the hospital, has launched a clinic for transgendered kids - boys who feel like girls, girls who want to be boys - and he's opening his doors to patients as young as 7.
Weekly news and features that matter the most to your well-beingThank you! Your subscription has been submitted.
Top Health Centers
Down syndrome helps researchers understand Alzheimer’s disease
CDC report predicts as many as 1.4 million cases of Ebola by January
Angelina Jolie surgery sparks surge in female cancer tests, study says
Dr. Manny: A farewell to an unknown American mother
The surprising connection between alcohol and persistent HPV
- Diabetes Rate Levels Off for White American Adults, Still Climbing for Blacks, Hispanics
- Climate Change Could Be Devastating to Global Human Health
- Brainwave Test Could Identify Kids with Autism Early and Accurately
- San Francisco Goes All-In on Controversial HIV Prevention Pill
- Task Force Recommends All Young Women Be Screened for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea