Boston's Children's Hospital bills itself as thehospital for children - and now it's also the hospital for children who want a sex change, a procedure some critics are calling "barbaric."Dr. Norman Spack, a pediatric specialist at the hospital, has launched a clinic for transgendered kids - boys who feel like girls, girls who want to be boys - and he's opening his doors to patients as young as 7.
Weekly news and features that matter the most to your well-beingThank you! Your subscription has been submitted.
Top Health Centers
4 hair removal methods that really work
CDC study finds trans fats hidden in foods claiming zero on label
USDA seizes more than 1,200 illegal giant snails
Man with 100-pound scrotum in California for crowd-funded surgery
WHO says Senegal Ebola case 'top priority emergency'
- Can Stem Cells Live Up to Their Promise of Universal Healing?
- Inhaled Insulin, Biosimilars Will Change the Landscape of Diabetes Care
- Electric Current to the Noggin Improves Memory
- Doctors Grow New Thymus Inside a Live Animal from Lab-Made Cells
- Ebola Outbreak Spreads to Senegal; Riot Breaks Out in Guinean City of Nzerekore