Boston's Children's Hospital bills itself as thehospital for children - and now it's also the hospital for children who want a sex change, a procedure some critics are calling "barbaric."Dr. Norman Spack, a pediatric specialist at the hospital, has launched a clinic for transgendered kids - boys who feel like girls, girls who want to be boys - and he's opening his doors to patients as young as 7.
Weekly news and features that matter the most to your well-beingThank you! Your subscription has been submitted.
Top Health Centers
The science of sexual attraction
Embarrassing sex questions, answered
Woman jumps into crocodile pit to commit suicide
Toronto mayor's rare cancer: What is pleomorphic liposarcoma?
Sierra Leone reaches final day of Ebola lockdown
- World Alzheimer's Day: Learn What You Can Do Now to Ward Off Dementia
- Gadget Report: 'Biospleen' Saves Patients in Hospitals, Apps Track Them Everywhere Else
- Broadly Neutralizing Antibodies Keep Hepatitis C from Infecting Liver Cells
- Artificial Sweeteners May Raise Diabetes Risk, but Still Promote Weight Loss
- UN: World Population Could Double by 2100 and We’re Not Equipped to Handle It