Boston's Children's Hospital bills itself as thehospital for children - and now it's also the hospital for children who want a sex change, a procedure some critics are calling "barbaric."Dr. Norman Spack, a pediatric specialist at the hospital, has launched a clinic for transgendered kids - boys who feel like girls, girls who want to be boys - and he's opening his doors to patients as young as 7.
Weekly news and features that matter the most to your well-beingThank you! Your subscription has been submitted.
Top Health Centers
12 unexpected things that mess with your memory
HIV case spurs call for porn production moratorium
Joan Rivers' hospitalization: Risk of complications from endoscopic procedures usually low
US colleges screen some students for Ebola
Boy goes to hospital after drinking Dairy Queen milkshake laced with chemical cleaner
- Do Video Games Make Kids Saints or Psychopaths (and Why Is It So Hard to Find Out)?
- New Neighborhood Sites Cater to Patients Who Need Ongoing Care
- Junk Food Diet Keeps Rats from Seeking Out New Foods
- Black Ink Crew's Tiffany Winter Talks MS and Medical Tattoos
- States with Legal Marijuana See 25 Percent Fewer Prescription Painkiller Deaths