Boston's Children's Hospital bills itself as thehospital for children - and now it's also the hospital for children who want a sex change, a procedure some critics are calling "barbaric."Dr. Norman Spack, a pediatric specialist at the hospital, has launched a clinic for transgendered kids - boys who feel like girls, girls who want to be boys - and he's opening his doors to patients as young as 7.
Weekly news and features that matter the most to your well-beingThank you! Your subscription has been submitted.
Top Health Centers
Chemicals in sunscreen may cut men's fertility, study says
Man eats sugar-heavy diet for 60 days, receives shocking diagnosis
For rural veterans with PTSD, telemedicine may help
Quadruple amputee recovering from double arm transplant calls experience surreal
Doctors remove 50 maggots from man’s nose
- Studies Show Epivir the Safest Option for Stopping Mom-to-Baby HIV Transmission
- High BMI Could Make It Much Harder to Achieve RA Remission
- Doctors Speak Out in Favor of Health Reform, and Against the Partisan Politics Holding It Back
- If Home Brain Training Apps Don't Work, What Does?
- Under New Rules, All Clinical Trial Results Must Be Made Public