Boston's Children's Hospital bills itself as thehospital for children - and now it's also the hospital for children who want a sex change, a procedure some critics are calling "barbaric."Dr. Norman Spack, a pediatric specialist at the hospital, has launched a clinic for transgendered kids - boys who feel like girls, girls who want to be boys - and he's opening his doors to patients as young as 7.
Weekly news and features that matter the most to your well-beingThank you! Your subscription has been submitted.
Top Health Centers
Florida warns beachgoers of flesh-eating bacteria in state waters
Group orders non-essential personnel to leave Liberia amid Ebola outbreak
Mom threatened with C-section she didn't want— or child services
Doctor who contracted Ebola in grave condition
Surgeons find 10-year-old sex toy inside woman's body
- Stress and Trauma in Childhood Affect Gene Expression for Life
- High-Tech Devices Help Patients Manage Diabetes, High Blood Pressure
- FDA Strikes a Balance Between Access and Safety With 'Breakthrough' Drug Program
- Tech Investor Sponsors Wellness Challenge for 5 American Communities
- New Knee Replacement Technique Uses GPS to Perfectly Position Implants