Boston's Children's Hospital bills itself as thehospital for children - and now it's also the hospital for children who want a sex change, a procedure some critics are calling "barbaric."Dr. Norman Spack, a pediatric specialist at the hospital, has launched a clinic for transgendered kids - boys who feel like girls, girls who want to be boys - and he's opening his doors to patients as young as 7.
Weekly news and features that matter the most to your well-beingThank you! Your subscription has been submitted.
Top Health Centers
Family of 6 quarantined in Connecticut over Ebola fears
Ingrown toenail? How to snip it the right way
Roman gladiators' diet probably not what you'd expect, researchers find
Texas docs remove basketball-sized tumor from 7-year-old’s pelvis to save her life
Family: Doctors don't detect Ebola in nurse's body
- Travelers from W. Africa to Be Monitored for Ebola; CDC Crafts New Guidelines to Protect Health Workers
- Could Enteroviruses Be Behind Rising Rates of Type 1 Diabetes?
- Slammed with a Huge ER Bill from an Out-of-Network Doctor or Hospital? Now What?
- Drug Wipes Out Lung Cancer in Mice with Minimal Side Effects
- Is 'Face-ism' Holding You Back at Work?