CASHIN' IN CHALLENGE
Play Along in the 2006 'Cashin' In' Challenge
The 2006 Cashin' In Challenge has ended. Tune in to "Cashin' In," Saturdays at 11:30 a.m. ET
Click here to set up your own investment portfolio and go head-to-head with our experts.
It's free of charge and you could win some fabulous prizes.
So sign up now and take the Challenge!
• Each player has $10,000 in "play" money
• Each player can hold as much cash as they like
• Each portfolio can have up to 5 different securities
• Each stock and bond transaction will carry a $15 broker fee
• There will be no transaction fee for funds, but loads and expenses will apply
Disclaimer: The following "Cashin' In Challenge" contains strong opinions which are not a reflection of the opinions of FOX News and should not be relied upon as investment advice when making personal investment decisions. It is FOX News' policy that contributors disclose positions they hold in stocks they discuss, though positions may change. Readers of "Cashin' In Challenge" must take responsibility for their own investment decisions.
Cashin' In Challenge
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN.
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY, AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO US LAW
- HOW TO ENTER/REGISTER: Fox News Network, L.L.C. ("Fox News") and SmartMoney.com have joined forces to offer viewers of the Fox News television show "Cashin' In" the chance to play along with the pundits, compare your own progress with theirs and win prizes. In order to play, register through www.foxnews.com/challenge/ ("Website"). Click on the "Registration" link to open the registration screen. The contest starts on January 14, 2006 and ends December 31, 2006. You must complete all the fields on the registration page in order to have a valid entry. Registration is free. All registrations become the property of Sponsor (defined below) and will not be returned. In the event of a dispute, registrations will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, and Washington DC, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees (including immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each) of Fox News Network, L.L.C. and SmartMoney.com, and their respective affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers are not eligible. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The laws of the United States govern this promotion.
- HOW TO TRADE: The initial "cash balance" in each account is $10,000 in fictitious funds.
In order to trade, you must have completed all required fields on the registration form available through www.foxnews.com/challenge/. Visit the Website to make trades, review account activity, research stocks, obtain quotes and charts, and find ticker symbols. To make a trade, click on "Trade" on the navigation menu and you will see the stock order screen appear. Fill out the necessary information for the trade you wish to make and then submit your order.
- Trading Times: Trades made via the Website will receive delayed prices (usually 15-20 minutes delayed) as long as the trade is placed after 9:30 a.m. ET and before 4:00 p.m. ET. Trades placed after 4:00 p.m. ET will receive the day's close price. Sponsor is not responsible for trades that are not received or are incomplete for any reason, including technical problems or server maintenance.
- Each stock trade will have a $15 commission
- Fund will charge front-end and back-end loads when applicable. Daily Fund prices will be based on the NAV, distributions will be applied when provided by Sponsor's data providers. No fees beyond those included in the distribution will be applied, so Sponsor cannot guarantee that fund expense ratios calculated this way would exactly match the ratios advertised for each fund.
- $500 million market capitalization floor on securities
- Players cannot hold more than 5 positions at any one time. (Excluding Cash)
- All trades are final.
- Stock market orders and Fund trades will take place immediately at the current market price (NAV for Fund - based on the closing price the day of the order). When placed after hours the market orders will take place immediately at the previous close price.
- No short positions.
- Players can also trade ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds): a $15 commission will be applied to each trade. ETFs are not limited based on market capitalization.
- After hours trades to be executed at closing market price.
- All players start with $10,000. Players will not have the ability to add additional cash to their portfolios.
- Players entering late into the game will see their starting cash reduced by $100 / week counted from February 1, 2006.
- Players who register on or before June 30, 2006 are eligible for the Monthly, Quarterly and Grand Prizes. Players who register after June 30, 2006 will only be eligible for the Monthly and Quarterly Prizes.
- Players do not have to be fully invested. May hold cash position in addition to 5 securities.
- Players will have the ability to place market orders and stop loss orders.
- Players may join the annual game through June 30, 2006 (inclusive).
- Only one Cashin' In game can be setup per account.
- Top prizes are determined by percent gain, not total value of portfolio.
- PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded monthly, quarterly, and at year's end. The following prizes are available: one (1) monthly prize to include one (1) Fox News Channel hat and one (1) Fox News Channel T-Shirt, ARV: $35.00; one (1) quarterly prize of a subscription to SmartMoney.com Select quarterly account (i.e., three (3) month subscription), ARV: $60.00; and one (1) Grand Prize for the year end winner of one (1) 42 inch flat screen television, ARV: $4,000.
- GENERAL: Prizes will be awarded in the name indicated in the Registration. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify anyone who it determines, in its sole discretion, violates the spirit of the game or acts in a manner which makes it unfair to other participants. All winners are subject to verification. Winners may make no substitution or transfer of prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All prize winners must execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Prize Acceptance Form within seven (7) days of the date indicated on the letter of notification. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification, and an alternate may be selected. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable, or inability to contact a prize winner after reasonable effort, will result in disqualification, and an alternate will be selected. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners' names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in this promotion, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding. In the event of any error that results in the establishment of more winners in any prize category than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held from among those making prize claims to award the published number of prizes.
- GENERAL: By entering, entrants warrant that they are eligible to participate in this promotion, agree to accept and abide by the rules of this promotion and agree that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this promotion, rule interpretation, or award of prizes shall be submitted to Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding. Entrants, Technology Sponsor and Sponsor acknowledge and agree that Sponsor and Technology Sponsor are solely responsible for conducting this contest as to their specific responsibilities set forth herein (i.e., conducting the contest or powering the contest) and, except as may be explicitly stated herein, entrants agree to look solely to Sponsor for all aspects of the conduct of the contest, including with respect to all legal claims and actions relating to, in connection with, or arising out of the contest or any prize won, provided that all such claims and actions with respect to the powering of the contest shall be directed solely to Technology Sponsor and actual recipients of a SmartMoney.com Select quarterly account prize shall look solely to SmartMoney.com with respect to the provision of such prize, and that SmartMoney.com and unless otherwise specified herein, Sponsor shall in no event be liable to entrants. By participating, participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, SmartMoney.com and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any injury, loss, liability or damage arising from or in connection with the acceptance or use/misuse of any prize or participation in this promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the promotion or Website; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor also reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time and under Sponsor's sole judgment if the promotion becomes compromised. If any provision of these Official Rules are to any extent held invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Official Rules shall not be affected but shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor makes no warranties regarding any of the prizes furnished as part of this promotion. Notwithstanding any other provision of these official rules, Sponsor's aggregate liability hereunder and with respect to the game shall be limited to and shall not exceed the value of the prizes set forth above. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law. By playing, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (b) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with playing the promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of- pocket expenses. In no event will Sponsor or their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of any entrant's access to and use of the promotion Website, the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from the Website, or participation in the promotion. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
- INTERNET: Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is a registrant who tampers with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and select winners from the entries received prior to modification or termination, if for any reason, the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, whether due to infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this promotion. Technology Sponsor and/or Sponsor assume no responsibility for any miscommunication, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, lost Internet connection, technical failure of any kind, failed computer transmissions, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Technology Sponsor and/or Sponsor are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Technology Sponsor and/or Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the registrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by Law.
- WINNERS LIST: For a list of prize winners available after 1/31/2007 send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Cashin' In Challenge Winners c/o Fox News Network, 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036, ATTN: Legal Department. Requests must be received by 1/31/2007
- SPONSOR & TECHNOLOGY SPONSOR: This Game is sponsored collectively by Fox News Network, L.L.C., 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036 ("Sponsor") and powered by SmartMoney.com ("Technology Sponsor"), 250 W 55th Street, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10019.