Cook the comforts of fall with this delicious pumpkin spice pancake recipe from Sun Basket.
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- 1 tablespoon oil blend (canola oil - olive oil)
- Sun Basket pumpkin spice pancake mix (all-purpose flour - brown sugar - baking powder - baking soda - allspice - cinnamon - ground ginger - salt)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (optional)
Make the pancake batter
- Heat the oven to 200ºF. Measure out ¾ cup milk; save the rest for another use. In a medium bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin puree, egg, and oil; whisk until smooth. Add the pancake mix and whisk just until combined.
Cook the pancakes
- If using, in a small pot over low heat, gently warm the maple syrup. In a large pan, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Working in batches, using a ladle or ¼ cup measure, ladle the pancake batter into the pan a scant ¼ cup at a time. Cook the pancakes until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a sheet pan and keep warm in the oven while you cook the remaining batter.
- Transfer the pancakes to individual plates. Serve with as much maple syrup as you like.