“These star cookies were the result of a big baking experiment last year and it turned out to be one of the best baking sessions after creating the recipe for these delicious almond cookies. They are the simplest thing to bake and are great for any holiday occasion” -graze nutritionist Jess
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- a pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 10 chopped dates, soaked
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut for decoration (optional)
- Dust with some cinnamon or shredded coconut and enjoy hot or cold!Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grind your almonds thoroughly in a food processor.
- Mix thoroughly until the dates are well combined with the almonds. The mixture should be moist and able to stick together to form a dough. Tip out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out until it’s half an inch thick. Using a shaped cutter (I usually do stars or hearts) cut out as many shapes as you can. You may need to re-roll the dough trimmings dough a couple of times to use up all the dough.
- Using a spatula, transfer the shapes onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and place in the oven for 7 minutes, or until the pastry goes golden brown in color. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool before removing from the trays.