Chef Anthony Stewart from Pritikin Longevity Center + Spa is introducing this beautifully dark and rich mojito.
- 1 cup ripe gooseberries (soak in 1 cup warm water for 5 minutes)
- 1 pomegranate (cut into half; scoop out seeds and brew in ½ cup hot water)
- 2 tablespoons ginger juice
- 2 sprigs fresh black mint
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces Appleton Gold Rum
- ¼ cup crushed ice
- Blend gooseberries until smooth (if the skin is still hard, strain after blending).
- Whisk pomegranate to maximize the flavor in the water and strain.
- Muddle the mint, lime and ginger juice in an 8 ounce hi ball glass.
- Add rum and crushed ice.
- Combine gooseberry and pomegranate juice and pour into glass.
- Stir and serve with a straw.
- To customize this recipe to your personal taste, use vodka instead of rum, or no alcohol at all.