A recipe perfect for quick school mornings or an afternoon snack, Easy Egg Breakfast Quesadillas are packed with 30 grams of protein and plenty of flavor. With one egg containing 6 grams of protein and 9 essential amino acids, eggs are a perfect nutritional powerhouse for breakfast. These quesadillas are filled with soft, fluffy eggs and delicious Canadian bacon. Served with salsa, this recipe can be made in a pinch to help get your kids out the door and in school.
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (2 oz.)
- 2 whole wheat OR white flour tortillas (7-inch)
- 4 slices Canadian-style bacon (2 ½ oz.)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- SPRINKLE 1/4 cup cheese on one side of each tortilla. TOP each with 2 bacon slices.
- COAT large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. POUR IN eggs. As eggs begin to set, GENTLY PULL the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. CONTINUE cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- SPOON eggs on top of bacon, dividing evenly. FOLD tortillas over filling to cover, pressing gently.
- CLEAN skillet. COAT with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat until hot. TOAST quesadillas just until cheese is melted, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. CUT into wedges; serve with salsa.
- Spice up your on-the-go egg breakfast with a quick and easy quesadilla. Wrap up your favorite breakfast ingredients and take them with you.