If a $200 "1700 Carat Hot Dog" is a little out of your budget...this $10 is a great alternative. It's full of delicious umami flavor and will still tantalize your taste buds.
- 1 Hebrew National Hot Dog, heated
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of sliced button mushrooms
- 1 gilled and sliced Portobello mushroom
- 2 tablespoons of finely minced yellow onion
- 1 hot dog bun, toasted
- 1 tablespoon of white truffle infused olive oil
- ½ tablespoon of balsamic glaze
- In a large sauté pan on high with 1 tablespoon of olive oil add in the mushrooms and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Next, add in the onions and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Finish by folding in the white truffle infused olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- To Plate: Place the heated Hebrew National Hot Dog in the toasted bun and add on the cooked mushrooms. Drizzle on the balsamic glaze.