Ryan combines Afrohead Rum Briland 07 with the refreshing, coolness of mint, the brightness of fresh blueberries, and the sweetness of fresh white peaches to create the perfect way to beat the heat on Fourth of July. Yamada's Mint For Each Other was inspired by a childhood summertime favorite treat: blueberry cobbler and peach ice cream. Ideal for groups, the Mint For Each Other is a modern summertime spin on a classic mojito.
- 12 ounces of Afrohead Briland 07
- 6 ounces of White Peach Puree
- 4 ounces of Blueberry Syrup
- 12 ounces of Fever Tree Premium Spring Soda Water
- 32 Fresh Mint Leaves
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Mint Sprigs
White Peach Puree:
- To make your white peach puree, wash and quarter 3/4lb of white peaches, keeping the skin on. In a blender, add 1 ounce of lemon juice 1 ounce of rich simple syrup (2:1 sugar to hot water ratio), and quartered peaches together and puree until the mix is smooth. Strain your mix through a fine sieve or chinois. You may use a large spoon to work the puree through by scraping the inside of the sieve back and forth to allow the sediment to open up.
- To make your blueberry syrup, combine 1 cup of blueberries with 1/4 cup of water in a pot. Crush the blueberries and bring the mix to a simmer on low heat for 15 minutes. Strain the juice through a sieve or chinois pressing hard to extract all juices. Combine 1 cup of sugar, and 1/2 cup of water in a pot and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add the blueberry juice and 1 TBSP of lemon juice and boil for 1 minute. Let the syrup cool.
- In a blender, combine 12 ounces of Afrohead Briland 07, 6 ounces of your white peach puree, 4 ounces of your blueberry syrup, and 4 ounces of water. Gently pulse for 20-30 seconds. In a pitcher combine your ice, mint leaves, and 1 pint of blueberries. Pour your cocktail mix into the pitcher, and top with Fever Tree Premium Spring Soda Water. Gently stir all ingredients together. Feel free to garnish your beverages with fresh blueberries and mint sprigs.