This cool, crisp, crunchy cucumber salad pairs well with poached rock shrimp, fried calamari, steamed shredded chicken breast, and should be enjoyed alongside the Hendrick's Cucumber 75 Cocktail.
- 3 English cucumber
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 sprig Mint, torn
- 1/2 cup pickled red onions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoon roasted peanuts, ground
Chili Lime Vinagrette
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Thai chilli
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- Cut the cucumbers into 4” blocks.
- Using a French mandolin with “teeth,” shave the cucumbers into “noodles” longways, beginning with the skin, down to the seeds. Place the cucumber in a bowl and reserve.
- In the bowl, add the shallots, torn mint, and pickled red onions. Season generously with salt and pepper and lightly toss in the dressing.
- Plate on a serving platter and garnish with the ground roasted peanuts.
- Place the lime juice,Thai chili, garlic, palm sugar and fish sauce in a blender. Slowly add the oil while blending on high speed.
- Strain through a fine sieve and reserve.