Combining the best of both flavors, this recipe adds a European twist to a classic Mexican treat. Serve this beverage at your daytime fiesta or enjoy the refreshing drink once the sun goes down. This recipe works great with both store-bought and homemade horchata.
For the homemade horchata:
- 1 cup of uncooked long-grain white rice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ½ cups of water (room temperature)
- ¼ teaspoon Mexican vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 oz. dark rum
For the coffee:
- 2 teaspoons Egoiste Café Noir Instant Coffee
- ¼ cup hot water
Instructions for horchata:
- Wash and drain rice. Combine rice, water and cinnamon. Soak overnight. Add mixture to blender until mostly blended. Strain mixture through cheesecloth 1-2 times. Add brown sugar and vanilla extract and stir.
Instructions for complete drink:
- Combine Egoiste Instant Coffee and hot water. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Pour horchata, rum and ice in a mixer. Shake and pour into new glass. Refrigerate leftover horchata. Pour in Egoiste, dust with cinnamon and enjoy.