This recipe from Executive Chef is Daniel Billheimer of Monarch Rooftop Lounge, is perfect for the limited counter space and easy clean up necessary for tiny apartment living. The rich, full flavored batter married with the eggy brioche will have the whole floor smelling like breakfast time. Complimented with a quality pure maple syrup or fresh berry compote, this dish will exceed expectations with none of the mess.
- 6 eggs
- 1.5 cup, heavy cream
- .25 cup, light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Real vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon Contreau
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 10 cups, Brioche bread or buns, cut into .5 inch cubes
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees (if using convection set to low fan). In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except brioche and mix well. Add brioche cubes, press into mixture and let soak for 5 minutes occasionally working bread into French toast batter until all liquid is soaked into bread.
- Lightly spray muffin tin with pan release and place French toast mixture .3 of the way up 12 each muffin cups. Place 3 - 4 strawberry slices in each cup and finish adding French toast mixture evenly to each. Place muffin tin in oven and bake off for 7 minutes.
- Rotate pan and bake off for another 5 minutes or until French toasts are browned and puffy. Remove from heat and set aside to cool, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Rim loose French toasts and gently remove from tin to avoid sticking. Garnish with orange twist, powdered sugar and serve with pure maple syrup.