There's nothing bland about this recipe from A Kitchen Addiction. The jalapenos and green pepper add just the right amount of spice, while the ranch dressing and cheeses add the perfect bit of creaminess. The black beans add a bit of heartiness and a depth of flavor that you don’t normally expect in a quesadilla. Feta crumbles are added along with the usual shredded cheese to give the quesadillas a more authentic buffalo chicken flavor.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons ranch or blue cheese dressing
- ¼ cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno, chopped
- ½ cup black beans
- 1 cup shredded cheese, I used a blend of cheddar and mozzarella
- ½ cup feta or blue cheese crumbles
- Sour cream and salsa, for garnish
- Stir together chicken, hot sauce, and dressing until well-combined.
- Spray a skillet with olive oil (I used a Misto Bottle for this) or non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a tortilla shell in the skillet. Top with ¼ C shredded cheese. Spread half of chicken over the top. Sprinkle with half of the peppers, black beans, and feta crumbles. Spread another ¼ C shredded cheese over top. Top with another tortilla.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes per side or until tortilla is light golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa.