Orange peel, cranberries and walnuts add a rustic, seasonal twist to this traditional apple pie recipe by Sharp USA. The minimal ingredients keep the prep process simple so bakers can enjoy the fruits of their proverbial labor with minimal up front investment. Temperature and timing instructions are not noted, because the recipes are all pre-programmed in the Sharp Oven and are specially created for use in the Sharp SuperSteam+ Combination Steam and Convection Oven.
- 1 large orange
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 lb apples, cored & chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- several drops almond extract
- Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with non stick cooking spray
- Cut 10 strips of the orange peel
- Place 6 strips in food processor with 1/3 cup sugar until finely chopped
- Add apples, cranberries, and walnuts; pulse on and off until coarsely chopped
- Turn into prepared pie plate. Spread batter evenly over fruit. Once oven is preheated, place pie plate in baking tray on upper level to begin cooking.
- Process the 4 orange peel strips and 1/4 cup sugar. Add egg, flour, melted butter, vanilla, salt and almond extract and process just to smooth.
- Per Serving Calories: 300 Fat: 15 g Cholesterol: 55 mg Sodium: 125 mg Carbohydrate: 42 g Protein: 2 g