You don’t need to be a Walt Whitman fan to enjoy this version of the Leaves of Grass at Michelin-starred restaurant, The Finch in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn. The drink brings together Bison Grass vodka, Pear Williams eau de vie, lime, chamomile, and Basque cider, which adds a bright effervescence and acidity.
- 1.5 ounce Bison Grass Vodka
- .75 ounce Lime Juice
- .5 ounce Pear Williams Eau de Vie (Williams Pear Brandy)
- .5 ounce Chamomile Syrup (equal parts hot chamomile tea + white sugar)
- Basque Cider (or similar dry cider)
- Combine the vodka, lime juice, brandy, and syrup.
- Shake and pour into a Collins glass, fill with ice.
- Top with Basque Cider or similar dry cider.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary, tarragon, or similar fresh verdant herb.