A sophisticated summer gin and tonic courtesy of Michael de Mono, Beverage Director at Sweet Hospitality Group.
- 1 ounce gin
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce rosemary simple syrup (recipe below)
- 2 dashes Regan’s Orange Bitters
- Lemon wedge
*Ingredients for Rosemary Simple Syrup (1-quart batch):
- 1 box superfine sugar
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- Hot water
- Fill a 10 oz glass with ice.
- Add gin, port, lemon juice and syrup.
- Add tonic to fill.
- Flip to mix.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge.
- Combine sugar and rosemary syrup in a 1 quart container.
- Add hot water to fill.
- Mix to dissolve sugar and let steep for 20 to 30 minutes
- Strain to remove rosemary