Red wine, devil's food cake mix and silky Philadelphia Cream Cheese frosting combine to make the ideal cupcakes for a wine lover.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
- 3/4 cup red wine, divided
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes, substituting 1/3 cup wine for the oil. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cook granulated sugar and remaining wine in saucepan on medium heat 15 to 18 min. or until reduced to thin glaze, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in powdered sugar; spread onto cupcakes. Drizzle with wine syrup.