This is one of our new favorite fall salads! It is perfect for a hearty vegetarian meal any day, and we are particularly excited to showcase it as a great vegetarian option for dinner! Find more favorite Thanksgiving dishes, both new and modern, at Gatheredtable.com.
- 1 small acorn squash, seeded and sliced
- 1 delicata squash, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- pinch of sea salt to taste
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup minced red onion
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Halve, de-seed and cut squash into half moons, toss with olive oil and sea salt on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine quinoa and 2 cups water in a sauce pan. Bring to the boil. Stir, cover and reduce heat to low. Let the quinoa cook for 12-15 minutes or until soft and water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes
- Mince onion
- Combine vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil and onion in jar and shake well
- Serve arugula topped with quinoa, squash, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds, and dressing.
The Gatheredtable Test Kitchen is comprised of passionate home cooks who don’t believe that there is such a thing as a bad cook, only a bad recipe. Mary Egan, Gatheredtable Founder and CEO, and the rest of the team work hard to curate and test every recipe they recommend so that you know it will be perfect before you try it.