Everyone knows that dessert is the reason we finish our dinner, so why not make it a sweet reward with this fresh and warm Spiced Apple & Goji Berry Crisp recipe from True Food Kitchen.
- 8 Fuji apples (3 1/2 cups) peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 3 1/2 tablespoons evaporated cane sugar
- 5 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/3 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla paste
- Combine apples, goji berries, sugar, lemon juice and orange juice in a large mixing bowl and let stand for fifteen minutes.
- Blend in allspice, cardamom, cinnamon, vanilla paste and arrowroot starch.
- Fold ingredients together with a large spoon until thoroughly mixed.
- Top with chopped almonds or your favorite crumble mixture and bake for 20 minutes at 325 degrees until the top is brown and crispy.