Nothing says barbecue like sweet corn, and this dish will delight your large crowd. You will find this dish deliciously simple to recreate with minimal ingredients and prep time.
- 6 quart Half and half
- 2 stick Unsalted butter
- 1 quart Corn puree (2 quart of kernels blended)
- 2 cup Sugar
- 2 cup Corn meal-fine
- 6 quart Fresh corn kernels (9 cans of kernels)
- Saute the corn kernels in the butter and season with salt
- In a large pot, bring the half and half to a boil
- Add the sauteed corn to the half and half, bring to a boil
- Whisk-in the corn puree and sugar
- Once this mixture returns to a boil, whisk in the corn meal
- Continue to cook over medium heat until the corn pudding thickens. Season with salt.