Chopped portobello mushrooms and a hint of thyme make these mini grilled chicken burgers moist and flavorful. Served on slider buns, these sandwiches are as tasty as they are fun.
- 1 1/4 pounds 98% fat free ground chicken breast or turkey
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pkg. (15 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® White Slider Buns (White or Wheat)
- 12 small romaine lettuce or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 12 thin red onions slices
- Thoroughly mix the chicken, mushrooms, thyme and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Shape the chicken mixture into 12 (2 1/2-inch) mini burgers.
- Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Grill the burgers for 8 minutes or until cooked through, turning the burgers over once halfway through the grilling time. Place the burgers on the buns and top with the lettuce and onion.