This recipe is brought to you by the boutique, authentic Mexican tequila brand Tequila Partida. Fire up your grill and elevate a classic party dish and spike your wings with tequila.
- 1 pound Chicken wings, cut into segments, tips removed and discarded
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Freshly cracked black pepper
Tequila Lime Sauce
- 1/2 cup Lime juice
- 1/4 cup Partida Tequila (Blanco or Reposado)
- 1 tablespoon Agave syrup, sometimes called nectar
- 1 teaspoon Lime zest
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Adobo sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Season the wings with salt and pepper and arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer. Cook until just brown and crisp, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to high. Grill the wings until marked, 10 to 15 minutes, turning as needed. Transfer the marinade to a saucepan and cook until slightly thick, about 8 minutes (you can do this on the grill as well). Drizzle the wings with the sauce and top with cilantro, if desired.
For the sauce:
- Combine the lime zest and juice, tequila, agave syrup, cumin, adobo sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 tablespoon pepper in a bowl. Pour over the warm wings and let marinate at least 30 minutes.