This chicken recipe is made with lots of citrus and is not complete without the marinade and cooking it on the grill to perfection.
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 6 limes, juice and rinds
- 2 oranges, juice and rinds
- 2 lemons, juice and rinds
- 1 grapefruit, juice only
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 whole chickens, cut up
- Combine marinade ingredients in large bowl.
- Add reserved citrus rinds.
- Using 2 large baggies, place each cut up chicken inside.
- Pour half the marinade and rinds in each bag.
- Remove as much air as possible. Seal and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Cook on preheated grill until juices run clear.
Suggested Wine Pairing:
- Pair with Mark West Pinot Noir