A super healthy recipe suitable for vegans, and is also 100% gluten and grain-free. It is also refined sugar-free, and soy-free. Furthermore being wholly raw it preserves a great amount of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that can be found in all the superfoods included in the recipe.
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar (Cuvee 20 would be suggested)
- 1 teaspoon Pure maple syrup
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine grain sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 10 cup Shredded kale (2 bunches)
- 1 pear, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 4 tablespoon Large flake coconut
- 1-2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1-2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Adjust to taste if desired.
- Remove all of the stems from the kale leaves and compost the stems (or if you are hard core you can save them for smoothies). Finely chop the kale leaves into tiny "shredded" pieces. The smaller the more tender the leaves will feel. Wash and then dry the kale leaves. Finally place the kale into a large salad bowl. You should have about 8-10 cups of kale for this salad.
- Toss the kale in all of the dressing until everything is coated nicely. The kale will reduce in volume substantially.
- Add all the toppings listed among the ingredients for the salad, eventually sprinkle with cinnamon, seeds or other nuts if preferred (e.g. pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, ect) and serve immediately. Or let the dressing marinate the kale for a half hour.